I don't think Leupold is a perfect brand. I will start by saying I never owned one myself. I work at a gun/hunting shop and I have mounted two Leupold scopes on rifles. One was a VX2 that was a POS to say the least. It was nowhere near as clear as a Bushnell Elite or Legend Ultra HD, and the magnification ring was so stiff one person had to hold the rifle to prevent it from twisting while another turned the ring. Best part of all? It was stuck at its lowest power, 4x. (Scope was 4-14x40). Brand new out of the box VX2 with issues. Next was a VX1 3-9x40. Nice scope, except for quality control must have been on break when this scope sneaked through. I took the scope out of the box, mounted it and bore sighted it. Then when I went to put the windage cap back on the **** thing was cross threaded from the factory, it would not go back on. The owner assured me it was never out of packaging before. Leupold did send him new caps. I don't mean to crap on Leupold for the sake of doing so, this is just my experience. With that being said, I am interested in a Mark 4 for my next rifle build, but I will be staying away from lower end Leupold.

1ShotKing