Quote Originally Posted by TraverseSavage View Post
Just got off the phone with Chuck at Williams, he said they made 2000 sights for the Hog Hunter but doesn't know if Savage used them or not - the sight would say Williams on the side, mine does not. Anyway, he's checking to see if they have a base that will fit my barrels radius for the rear sight.

The front is good-to-go. Their blades will fit my current base so I'm going with a Firesight. I'll pick the height when I find out what rear I'm installing.

Great guy to talk to, very knowledgeable I'd recommend anyone with sight questions to call him. He has access to barrel dia.'s and existing sight height. Told me my factory front and rear sight heights are .755 and .725, respectively.

10th_Mntn: this should help if you're still thinking about buying a Hog. I'll have more info. when Chuck gets back to me.
This is exactly what I was looking for... Thanks for the info.. I like the firesight front but I'm not quite sure about the rear.. The best iron sights I've used are made for the AR platform. What are the odds that a small rail could be mounted front and back for folding AR sights? I love the diamondhead foldings sights. I may need to see a smithy about that one.
Also, feel free to highjack the thread.. The info. is appreciated.