I thought about the thread hijack, but as long as we are discussing putting iron sights on the hog hunter, I thought the OP might be able to glean some ideas from our discussions.
The Firesight front blades are from Williams. They will match up. The only difference is the fiberoptic plastic bead.
The front hood worked on my scout because there was already a slot cut into the front sight ramp. You have the "shorty" ramp without the slots for the hood. Purchasing the longer, streamlined ramp from Williams may solve that problem. I would presume that the screw holes are the same for the two ramps, but I'd check with Williams anyway.

In the 2012 williams catalog (
http://www.williamsgunsight.com/gunsights/pdf/2012_Catalog.pdf) they have come out with something that would fit your needs exactly called the "Ace in the Hole." The only problem is that it is not yet made for Savage rifles.

Looking through the catalog, it is clear that you can get several different "ghost ring" aperture blades to convert your sight to a ghost ring sight. They even have a fire sight ghost ring aperture that has two fiberoptic dots on either side of the aperture. See page 13 of the catalog.

If the new rear sight is too short, Williams offers riser blocks that add .250 " to the front dovetail.
On page 18 of the catalog they show the Streamlined ramps that have the slots for the hoods, and also have step by step procedures for figuring out which front and rear sights go together on a tapered barrel.

I don't work for Williams nor do I receive any kickbacks. But I think that you may find a solution to your quest in their catalog. I have never called them, so I don't know how helpful their customer service folks are, but it is certainly worth a call.

Hope this helps!