Thread: 5.56 / .223 brass difference?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by earl39 View Post
    Ed you are good at picking and choosing to fit your point of view but why didn't you show this little graph from the article you referenced.

if the image worked it shows a 5.56 chamber with higher pressure than the 223 chamber. Yes i have read the article before and just for good measure i read it again so maybe you should reread it.

If you read it really close the arthor says that only under extream conditions of bare minimun chamber dimensions would a dangerous situation arise. He also states thta this condition can arise in both the 223 chamber and 5.56. As to your freebore comment you should look at the reamer prints also listed in your referenced article. One of the 5.56 reameres show a freebore of 0.025. As stated in your choice of material not all chambers are the same. And as for your tire gauge only showing psi i am glad you have one that old that the kids have not found a way to break or lose. Mine shows psi and kpa (i think it is kpa at least as i am not looking at it).
    What the flip does this have to do with .223/5.56 cartridge cases and brass quality, you were the one asking about chamber pressures and having a hard time understanding the different pressure measuring equipment. Are you flipping dense or just like to argue.

The .223 is rated at 52,000 cup or 55,000 psi and the chart shows the pressure is OVER the rated chamber pressure for the .223 exceeding it at 62,000 psi. WHY ARE YOU EVEN POSTING when you are so far out in left field it no longer matters what you ask or post.

Get a grip and TRY to understand what is being said.
    Last edited by bigedp51; 09-06-2012 at 09:32 PM.