The publication "CARTRIDGES OF THE WORLD" says that in the 270 savage AI comes "very close" balistically to the 270 win. I think that is very worth it too thats why i wanted my 99 to be a switch barrel if posible then a takedown if not. Im glad im not the only one with the itch to try a .270 savage AI ;D

So then the concept of having a takedown model running those .300 sav AI variatnts would work right?

Also i personallly like the pistol grip models, can you please tell me if one 99 in these variations is better than the next. Finding a 99 in Australia is like finding hens teeth... i am not joking. So i will need as much in formation a i can possible get on this as i will be buying from the US and it will be sight unseen. Risky and more expensive but looking like the only way and i think i still have a few friends in the states who can help me make it a private sale to ease the process. I could even go the 300 version and start there with a new rebarrel or take down so for a starting point, all i know i need a really good pistol grip action that feeds the 300 style case.