Quote Originally Posted by MDM View Post
I'd like to build a 7 SAUM on a 4.4" SA. I'm thinking a Stevens 200 CF short action, but I know some changes will be required to the bolt head, I'm just not sure what. I have a really nice Mcree's Precision chassis that is set up for a 4.4" SA and I'd like to have a 7SAUM barreled action I could drop in it. I'm thinking 26" Criterion bull. Got to call Jim and see what the freebore is on Criterion's reamer to see if a SA is even possible. I plan on shooting the 162 amax and using Accurate mags and could modify the feed ramp if need be. Thanks for the help.
Your build is essentially what I'm doing. Only differences are barrel (Brux), magazine (Alpha) and caliber (7 WSM). I am months out on the barrel, but everything else is ready and waiting.

How well do those magazines fit in the chassis? I found the Alphas are quite tight (but in all fainess, even Scott's own magazines were tight). I did a little light filing on the magwell and the McRee .308 magazines now drop freely, and the Alphas are much better fitting. They won't drop free, though. The first Alpha I ordered was the 7-rounder, and after a longish backorder wait, I was sent a 10-rounder at no extra cost. Actually, I'm kinda glad since the fit is still snug after magwell relieving, and the extra length of the 10-rounder helps for removal.