That's why I think the Savage design is stronger than the Remington because the Savage has a smaller/finer thread which translates to thicker/meatier chamber walls even with the same shank size. However, neither company has recalled them and I'm pretty sure Remington uses the same shank on all of theirs so it's probably not a huge danger. However, with the larger cases and thinner chamber walls I bet that the chamber temporarily swells too much upon firing which could lead to sticky extraction issues and maybe even metal fatigue on the barrel eventually. Granted the Remington is a shouldered barrel, but there is a portion of just the threaded shank exposed from the receiver that's under the recoil lug. That's the area I would worry about letting go on one of them because the recoil lug is not going to be a tight enough fit around the barrel to add any additional strength. I personally feel better with the large shanks for all magnums which is why I had my belted magnums converted to large shank. But for standard size cartridges I don't care either way.