Yep, welcome to the sickness! you are going to love that rifle. And remember, one of the best things about a Savage, other than the incredible out of the box accuracy potential, is that you are never stuck with one caliber. If you decide for whatever reason that you wish you have a ____ (fill in the blank with any rifle caliber), you can change the barrel out relativley easily and make your rifle into whatever centerfire caliber you wish. Sometimes you may need a bolt head swap, etc. but most of the time that is no biggie either. This site is an amazing place with a tremendous amount of knowledgeable folks willing to help. Alot of gun places on the net the folks will bash you for being new or asking a question, but on here that is not the case. You can learn all you want and more by reading through the info. Good luck with the new rifle. Let us know how it shoots!

P.S. I joined this site about a year and a half ago after I purchased my first Savage...a .17HMR rimfire. I now have 6 Savage rifles, several of them with multiple barrels and stock, including two complete builds. Also have a few in the works. Be careful with your bank account, and the late night reading of the classifieds section! You will wake up the next morning with some goodies on the way to your house if your not careful. ;D