Several months ago I purchased a Savage 11 trophy hunter xp in 223, this one is the youth model with the 20" barrel. I've since replaced the scope and mounts with better more secure options. I've had it out 5 times shooting standard store bought ammo, pmc 55gr, federal 55gr and norma 55gr. It was just a so so shooter and usually averaged about 3" at 100 yards and I figured it was just my shooting ability off a bench with just a front bag as a rest. My friend gave me some hand loads to try out, all 55 gr with cfe223 powder and nosler varmageddon bullets. Well lets just say that I am impressed and this is a whole new rifle for sure. 3 rounds all touching at 80 yards and the rifle was dirty when I tried these. I've had a rcbs reloading kit set up on a nice bench for the last 6 months but never really got around to using it, but I will be now. I've heard rave reviews of Savage rifles many times over but never really experienced anything spectacular with them for myself first hand. I guess because I've always shot factory ammo and never really took the time to create my own recipe. Thanks for listening to my story and your comments are welcome.