So, After a month of thinking and thinking i pulled the trigger on a Boyds Pro Varmint/Tacticool stock. I waited about 2 weeks (no big deal there) before my stock arrived. I opened it up and everything looked good from a glance. Well when i went to slide my action into the stock i noticed it was a little tight... again no biggie. Once i got the action seated as deep as i could into the stock i went to attach the trigger guard and the front screw plastic peace that looks like it doubles as the mag catch and a pillar. well thats when i encountered my issue...when i went to tighten the screw down i bottomed out...WAY before i snugged the action down... the back screw (trigger side) snugged up pretty well from what i could tell... but the front, not so good. I was able to move the action about a quarter inch while that screw was completely tightened down... so i though "maybe i can get shorter screw!". well after trying that i realized not only was the barrel no longer even close to free floating but the freaking mag would lock in place.. like not even close. its almost like the mag was too long now! lol thats when i came to the realization either... A: Im an idiot and down know what im doing ( though iv bedded actions/made custom stocks..ect) or B: I got a big fat stinky dud...and that really upsets me considering iv waited over 2 weeks for it...only to possibly have to turn around and send it back.

Im just here to ask... has anyone ran into an issue similar? and is there some major difference between the HB and the standard barrel? because im thinking they have made soo many for the standard axis... maybe they have got those mastered and they are new tot he HB version and thats why this one seems off in spec... Ill try to post pics later of some of the problems. btw this is my first post. I hate it has to be about this and not me showing off my new build.