First time I've tried to replace a stock and need help.* Just bought a savage mkII FV-SR and wanted to replace the stock with a Boyds tacticool and ran into some problems.* First off, I bought the the trigger guard and bottom plate from Boyds as well and it came with one screw.* I bought replacement screws from Midway that were supposed to be for the "laminate" stock which I read somewhere that those were the ones to use with the tacticool.* So, everything fit fine and the original action screws fit fine (the replacements were the same size) but I wasn't sure how tight to tighten them - i stopped when I heard cracking noises.* It wasn't even that tight, I'm assuming that it may have been the bottom plate settling in or something but I don't know.* Lastly, the single screw that came with the trigger guard/bottom plate I assumed (maybe stupid of me) that it fit in the screw hole behind the trigger guard.* It didn't go in all the way and seems to be stripped.* The bottom plate little screw didn't go anywhere and the replacement screw that was longer also didn't do much and seems stripped.

So, did I just ruin things or has this happened to somebody else?* Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks.
-Alex