hunted chucks again today. spotted this one out in a field near my parents place. tried to ambush it once with no success. on my way out of the driveway I look over and there it is again. well I am not going back out to ambush it again so I set up in the driveway. my rangefinder would not read earlier so while on my first walk I ranged to the trees at 300 yards. I was another 330 yards past my range tree. total of 630 yards. wind was minimal and straight on. im using the applied ballistics by Brian Litz so I entered the data and made the corrections. 14.2 MOA up and .4 left. this one looked very small and far away with a 14xscope! I touched it off (muffs on of coarse) and came back into the scope as I saw dust fly. I think miss but im one who always goes and checks no matter what im shooting at. I walk out there to a stone dead chuck with bean sprouts still in her mouth and a neck wound. the bullet penetrated and expanded. she did not go any were! as odd as it sounds ill be getting this one mounted. im still amazed I connected on the first shot.