Thread: Which Trigger Replacement?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Not everyone is instantly getting single digit ounces with it. That’s a misconception. Your result after some more use and parts settling down are exactly as I thought. As it’s already come down considerably, I’m sure added use will bring it down further, until it reaches its full break in point.

However, don’t hoop & holler if it won’t reach 6oz on your particular setup. Remember, yours is a retrofit. Even so, I’ve come across more than a few Model 12 owners who’s target Accutriggers would not reach that magical 6 number! Once again, this is yet another reason I have never owned a trigger pull gauge. I setup my triggers to the point it feels good. I don’t try chasing some number in outer space, letting the gauge tell me if my trigger is adequate. LOL! Just not a fan. But, that’s just my point of view. Your results may vary.

Not everyone is instantly getting single digit ounces with it. That’s a misconception. Your result after some more use and parts settling down are exactly as I thought

By The Way….
    ​Not for nothing, but you have the Trigger/Sear pin in backwards. The pin should be inserted on the Sear/Bolt Release Lever side. (Picture below)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    However, don’t hoop & holler if it won’t reach 6oz on your particular setup.

By The Way….
    ​Not for nothing, but you have the Trigger/Sear pin in backwards. The pin should be inserted on the Sear/Bolt Release Lever side. (Picture below)
    I do not want it in single digits that's just to low IMHO, just want it down as close as possible to what SAV-2 pull weight was. No problem reversing the pin, easy fix, I put it back the same way it came out of the previous trigger assuming it was correct.

Thanks for the help

Team Savage

FWIW, I have 2 target AccuTriggers, one massaged by Fred the other a retrofit to a model 10 action by the previous owner, both are exceedingly smooth but neither will go to 6oz reliably. For my use I am quite content with their safe, consistent 8 - 9oz.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ky-n View Post
    I do not want it in single digits that's just to low IMHO, just want it down as close as possible to what SAV-2 pull weight was. No problem reversing the pin, easy fix, I put it back the same way it came out of the previous trigger assuming it was correct.

Thanks for the help

I’m pick’n up what you’re put’n down, pard. I agree… not looking for single digit myself. A pound or a bit lighter seems right to me pretty much all the time. But then, again, I don’t use a gauge to measure so….eh I can honestly say, mine doesn’t feel like it’s 6oz. either, at the lowest setting. It’s definitely lighter than my worked over standard Accutrigger, but don’t know by how much. Although the Safety blade spring on my standard Accutrigger is lighter even than the Target Red blade & spring, but that’s a custom setup I did. One thing though, it feels nicer now with shims & especially the Overtravel Stop I added. I can’t stand all that extra Overtravel. BLAH!