hey gang--Ok here is the story
Local ex gun shop owner is thinning out a large collection--I know him great guy--I bought a rifle he got new LRPV 6 BR
He bought two 50 rd boxes of factory Lapua ammo--fired 50 through the rifle and then parked it in the safe for last few years. I was super excited to get a practically new rifle --Cleaned and lubed it --went to the range first round loads like butter and fires--Then bolt was Really Tough to open---ummm did not see anything weird--fired another --chambered fine-- bolt was the same very hard to open--same again so i quit after three rounds
I don't have gauges for 6 BR on hand so I tried live round--chambers fine--added piece tape it has some resistance but felt ok
Marked fired brass with sharpie--insert it --bolt hard to close--case has some marks on head and a line around the base of shoulder and main body SO....is the rifle just head spaced a little tight or?????? I don't have any dies yet-- plan to go back after supper and check a live round and fired one with my bump gauge
I am guessing it is tight headspace but asking for ideas here
Thanks!!