Thread: Oldie but goodie? Update to old Savage model 116 thread from 7 months ago.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Replacement bar spring will allow for a lighter pull weight adjustment? I’m an automotive technician, may be able to tinker enough successfully while keeping myself out of trouble…

Trav: I can’t remember if we had discussed it before, but that was my profession as well, until being disabled in an accident. For a lotta years I was a Tech. Started with Saturn back in the day when we still ran cars on the Dyno for Inspection, LOL! Years later I was with Volkswagen. Let me ask you this; are you a problem solver, or parts hanger? So, I was a cream ‘o da crop diagnostics technician. Besides replacing, rebuilding & such, one of the guys who could solve the intricate of head scratchers. Either way, if you can work on cars, you can figure this stuff out. ESPECIALLY if you’re mind is anything like mine… problem solving, modifying, fitting square pegs in round holes, what not. LOL!

Yes, the bar springs I make are a lighter gauge spring wire. I give them to members here no charge, as well as doing complete trigger jobs. If you want a spring just message me.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Trav: I can’t remember if we had discussed it before, but that was my profession as well, until being disabled in an accident. For a lotta years I was a Tech. Started with Saturn back in the day when we still ran cars on the Dyno for Inspection, LOL! Years later I was with Volkswagen. Let me ask you this; are you a problem solver, or parts hanger? So, I was a cream ‘o da crop diagnostics technician. Besides replacing, rebuilding & such, one of the guys who could solve the intricate of head scratchers. Either way, if you can work on cars, you can figure this stuff out. ESPECIALLY if you’re mind is anything like mine… problem solving, modifying, fitting square pegs in round holes, what not. LOL!

Yes, the bar springs I make are a lighter gauge spring wire. I give them to members here no charge, as well as doing complete trigger jobs. If you want a spring just message me.
    I’m a do whatever is needed guy these days. I’m the shop foreman at an independent shop her in Las Cruces, NM. Shop is called Accu-Tech. Most of our work load is diesels but we cover pretty much everything aside from automatic transmissions. I’ve been in the field for 18 years now, started very young at Volkswagen dealer here. Had a short stint with Honda/Hyundai dealer, and also worked for International truck dealer for a few years before finally landing where I am now. My favorite stuff is the wonky electrical gremlins that scare everyone else away.

I’ll shoot you a message about the bar spring, really appreciate the offer.