Hi to all. I'm a newbie from Tampa Bay area...and I've been a Savage owner for 4 days..and a extremely THRILLED Savage owner for about 6 hours! I have a half a dozen hunting rifles from Remington 700BDL, Thompson Center Icon, Ruger, Browning X-Bolt and a couple Ar-15 style guns. I was down at the local gun store..Kastle Keep in Largo, Fla., and I saw this super good looking rifle. It was the Savage Model 10 FCP with the 5R threaded barrel. Accutrigger and Accustock. I held that bad boy and piddled with it for an hour! This is one of those stores where the rifles are on the wall where the customer can actually touch, feel and otherwise molest them. I decided in an instant that I wanted it. Usually, I want to think about it and ponder my decision before I lay down some hard earned cash. For some reason...this rule did not apply on this rifle. I felt that if I didn't buy it then, that i would miss out on something great! Call it a hunch. I bought a somewhat inexpensive Konus Pro M30 4.5 x 16 x 40 scope that actually turned out to be quite nice! I felt as if I was being cheap on the scope since I impulsively bought the rifle!

Anyway...I digress. I had to run around town to find the scope base mounts...and then all over again to find the 30mm TACTICAL Rings. One of the vendors mounted and bore sighted the scope and I was off and running! I've been staring at the rifle for three days..waiting for the weekend to go to the range.

OK...enough of the boring timeline! After sighting it in at 25 yards...I moved to the 100 yard range. After being all over the target in 4 shots, I figured out that the guy who boresighted it, never tightened the rings to the base. It was flopping all over the place. Tightened it...down to business!

Using Federal Premium MatchKing 168 grain BTHP ammo, I shot 8 rounds..actually nine...but we'll get to that in a minute. All 8 shots group in the center of the target with a total diameter of 3/4 inch. The 9th shot was from a Hornady round that I had laying in my ammo can that I decided to shoot, and it missed the group by 1/4 inch. This rifle is the bomb!! The trigger was light and crisp. The recoil was less than my .308 Thompson Center Icon, and the ability to hold center without moving using only sand bags was incredibly stable. This rifle is GREAT! I was also able to blow up 35 rounds in one sitting with very little cool off time, except to change targets and did not lose any accuracy. The ol' hunting rifles cannot make that claim! I shoot 5 or 6 rounds and then let it cool for 10-15 minutes or I lose accuracy.

I may sound overly excited...and you are correct! There is NOTHING like an accurate firearm..and I have been made a true believer this day in November, 2010 of the Savage line. Love the feel...LOVE the trigger! I have a feeling that the other rifles are going to feel neglected in the next few months!

Sorry for being so long winded on my first post...but I'm sure one of you will understand my overly enthusiastic attitude!