I bought a heavy barrel 12FV a few weeks ago in 204 Ruger on a whim. Had it threaded for my suppressor, put it in a Boyds Spike Camp, took it on one Coyote hunt, and decided it was way too front heavy (and justy heavy) to hunt with. Because I like to burn money, I sent it to Karl Kampfeld for a diet. He is doing a very fast and deep spiral flute that should remove a ton of weight and then cerakoting the barrel and action Tungsten. I have a titanium bolt handle with carbon fiber bolt knob on the way from Lumley, and when I get it the entire bolt assembly will go to the Polished Knob for fluting and armor black cerakote.

I hate that it has a blind mag, the little bitty 204 Ruger cartridges are a pain to load. So, since I'm diving in, I want to replace the stock with something I can do a detachable mag. I think I want to get a Bell & Carlson M40 in Black w/ Gray web.

I assume I'll then just need a 223/204 magazine and the bottom plate? Is calling Savage the best place to get those I guess?

Maybe different length action screws? I have a metal trigger guard on hand.

Here is a pic of the pig before she went on a diet, and it had a donor scope on it here, not sure what I'll go with now.