Thread: 10BA .308 Steath bullet weights

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Should have been clear. I'm not reloading. I'll be using factory ammo. I don't think I'll be trying to go anything past 400-ish yards and I'd be happy with sub MOA

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tenth_gen View Post
    Should have been clear. I'm not reloading. I'll be using factory ammo. I don't think I'll be trying to go anything past 400-ish yards and I'd be happy with sub MOA
    Most of us reload for cost reasons. The only rifle I don't reload for right now is my M1 Garand cause I don't shoot it much. I bought a bunch of surplus military ammo for it a while back and was satisfied with the accuracy since the Garand is not an MOA rifle.

If cost is not an object then use Federal Gold Medal Match or Black Hills match ammo. Some of the other mfgs may be getting better with their match ammo as well. Some have had good luck with some of the foreign brands.

If cost is an issue, and if you can in your country, try some surplus 7.62 ammo first.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    Most of us reload for cost reasons. The only rifle I don't reload for right now is my M1 Garand cause I don't shoot it much. I bought a bunch of surplus military ammo for it a while back and was satisfied with the accuracy since the Garand is not an MOA rifle.

If cost is not an object then use Federal Gold Medal Match or Black Hills match ammo. Some of the other mfgs may be getting better with their match ammo as well. Some have had good luck with some of the foreign brands.

If cost is an issue, and if you can in your country, try some surplus 7.62 ammo first.
    Yeah most of our local shops have some brass cased 7.62x51 Austrian Hirtenberger 150gn for around a dollar a shot but if you buy 500 rounds you can get it for $450