Thread: Trophy hunter

Basic Member

Trophy hunter

What is the difference between a Trophy Hunter and a regular 111? Are the stocks interchangeable?

Trophy hunter is the economy model package gun that comes with an inexpensive optic and is still technically a 111 which is basically a designation for Savage sporter style hunting rifles..
    There are several differences with the plastic "bottom metal" and axis style magazine with a plastic tab VS metal and econo synthetic stock on the TH Vs synthetic accustock with full length aluminum bedding block and a metal magazine with a metal spring loaded mag release on a "111".
    Of course the 111 has been in production for quite a while now so the features can be dependent on when it was made and/or if it was an "exclusive" model made for a big chain store. These can differ slightly.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Basic Member
    Sounds like what I have. I bought it unfired, but from an individual, w/o the scope and it just said 111 on the barrel. Looks like I may have paid too much, I gave $400 for it. I'm guessing the Trophy Hunter stocks at Boyd's will be a drop in fit then.
    I really hate when manufacture's make changes and don't change the model number. There is no shortage of numbers in our system. If S&W and Remington can do it, why can't Winchester and Savage??