I agree with celltech. A lot of people pull the buttstock into their should way too tight and grip too tight with their hands. Tight grip applies to pistols, rifles and shotguns. I get pointers from our sniper team leader. He taught me a long time ago to lightly snug the buttstock into my shoulder, lightly grip the rifle and gently squeeze the trigger. Hold it just tight enough that the rifle doesn't fly out of your hands on recoil. Breathing is huge. A lot of people hold their breath when getting ready to touch the round off. He taught me to squeeze the trigger in the small pause between breaths. Holding your breath affects yours eyes first, tiny capillaries carrying O2 to your retina. Dry fire, dry fire and then dry fire some more practicing grip, breathing and trigger control. Mind over matter on recoil. It can't be stopped. Train yourself to just let it happen with minimal (none is best) physiological responses on your part. You'll be amazed what you can do with good shooting techniques.