Quote Originally Posted by DrThunder88 View Post
Those would be good results even if you weren't shooting Prvi Partizan! I've never found a gun that liked it more than 1.5" 5-shot groups. Was it the 168gr match?
69 gr BTHP PPU bullets

Estes640
Holescreek, I sent you a pm. Also, what were the dimensions of the aluminum block you started with?
The block I cut to start with was 14" long, 3.5" high and 1.875 thick. The stock finished dimensions are 13.93" x 3.427" x1.725" You can take an inch or two off the length if you do something different with the butt. I'm thinking about making a folding butt stock for the next one just to change it up some. I no longer let any blueprints out to anyone after catching a guy trying to make money by selling of one of my tool designs online. The savage stock is the easiest to make of the ones I've tried. It's a straight .6765" radius down the length of the top. It's .8" from the back of the recoil lug to the centerline of the front screw, and 4.4" between the front and rear screws.

The receiver channel is easily made with a 1" ball endmill making multiple passes.