Quote Originally Posted by Bolthead View Post
I have two long actions, an old 111 in 30-06 and a 116 in .270 that I plan to convert to .308 one of these days. Many of the guys on this forum shoot competition at distances farther than I can see. Hours of great reading, but be forwarned, the more you learn, the more ideas you will have about what you want to do. It can get totally out of control very easily. Something a simple as having a spare part laying around, be it a scope, a barrel, etc. has been known to cause people to buy yet another gun to put it on.
+1 very addictive habit. Besides you learn so much and realize that there is a reason some things cost so much and you buy them. For example, I thought anything over 100$ was big money for a scope. I thought paying 400$ for a Millet trs was gonna kill me. Did a lot of reading and ended up popping $1000 on a vortex and I'm already thinking about trading it for a razor or night force ATACRs. Plus im not even 100% done with my build and I already have a 2nd barrel on order from krieger to chamber into a 7mm Sherman short mag