Well finally after months of waiting my Savage 10fcp-sr has come in, Out of the box it looks to be a solid rifle, The accu stock seems solid, It free floats to the receiver, The threaded barrel is crisp and clean threads no slop in them. The trigger seems to be set pretty well, Clean break no travel or excess play. Loaded the mag only 6 rounds what I had laying around worked the bolt loaded and ejected all 6 just fine. Not crazy about recoil pad seems really soft and kind of mushy but will give it a try, Bolt was sticky at first but in just a few cycles it was either smoother or I was working it better. I got the 20" and so far very happy with it, This is my first Savage rifle have always been a Rem fan. Picked up a couple of new Rems the fit and function was terrible the action was what I would expect from rossi or Taurus kind of hit or miss, I wasn't impressed and then when my LGS said they wouldn't even have a Rem on the shelf I chose Savage, They say savages are ugly, But I like the look of this rifle, But all of that doesn't mean squat if it doesn't shoot so next week end headed to the range, Then I will upgrade this report as to whether its a keeper or not!
The bolt is over kill to say the least, I like that its big easy to grab and work but dang is that thing heavy, If it shoots I will be very Happy with my first Savage