Thread: 10fcp-sr

greyghost

10fcp-sr

Has anyone lucky enough to get hold of one of these, Changed out bottom metal and mag to the Accurate kit for 205.00 and did it improve upon the situation My rifle has not shown up yet, Has anyone received one with no problems at all with mag, Not many out there but a few are starting to show up. The rifles with accu stock and trigger is what Im interested in. Not the cabela rifles.

bandj524
    I have one and the magazines leave a little to be desired two posts below this one is a good fix for one of the problems.

greyghost
    Quote Originally Posted by bandj524 View Post
    I have one and the magazines leave a little to be desired two posts below this one is a good fix for one of the problems.
    Other than mag issue how do you like the rifle, I will probably order Bottom Metal and Mag from accurate,

i love mine , i did change the bottom metal and mag (accurate) . I have a vortex 6.5x20x50 scope on it … mine loves portuguese mil spec ammo… 1 moa or better when i do my part …. no complaints .

bandj524
    love the rifle just make sure you get the one with the accu-stock there are stores like Cabelas and Dicks that are selling special runs that don't have that stock.

Had mine for about a month

I recently received mine and the magazine that came with the rifle was garbage, would feed the first few rounds fine then would hang-up. Called Savage and their support was good indicating they were sending a new magazine out, then received a VM a few days later indicating it was back-ordered and they would send when available. Being impatient, I just purchased the Accurate Mag bottom metal. That fixed the feeding issues but then was left with an extraction problem, approximately one every 20 rounds. I replaced the extractor ball with the larger .140 size and has been flawless since. Even when factoring the additional cost of the bottom metal, still a good value for a great shooter in my opinion. I'm still experimenting with different rounds but generally shooting just under MOA with 150 ball and 168 HPBT.