I have the 22 mag. Model 93BTVS with the thumbhole laminate stock and all stainless steel action and barrel.

Honestly it is the biggest piece of junk I ever got from Savage. I have "tuned" many a factory rifle, but this one beats them all. None of the magazines functioned at all. Barrel was not free floated. Terrible stock inletting and what the heck was Savage thinking with the 2 threaded adapters which define the "bedding" of the entire action ? The front threaded adapter has the thread bottom out in the tapped hole in the receiver, the bushing part does not even touch the receiver at all, apparently it was meant to be that way since the receiver does not have a flat milled into it to accept the base of the bushing ?

After fixing all the magazines so they were positively located, bedding the action, I could not get it to perform better than 3MOA at 75 yards. I used 30gr CCI and 40gr Hornady ammo, all of which has been well nigh impossible to obtain in the last 2 years. Any part you touch shows evidence of shoddy workmanship. The notch in the bolt to hold back the firing pin when cocked has too sharp an edge, so it snaps loudly when raising and lowering the bolt handle. Thats a really cool feature for a predator hunter trying to get within 75 yards... It would not be so loud if the pin did not have 0.020 to 0.030" of clearance in the guide in the receiver, but why do that right if you can screw u every individual detail ???

The amazing thing is that this is their most expensive rimfire rifle, and costs consistently more than an Axis centerfire rifle. Yet those are basically functional out the box other than the plastic stock. But their execution of the laminate stock and bedding concept is so poor, I doubt that the axis plastic stock is actually worse, more likely it is better... Michigan law requires me to use a rimfire at night on predators, otherwise I would have returned the POS the day I fired it for the first time. But in future, there will not be any more Savage rimfires in my life unless they dramatically clean up their act. Judging by what happened with the Bmag, I seriously doubt that is ever going to happen.