Before I would be blaming the rifle, I'd be taking a very hard look at the optics and/or mounting hardware. It's almost outside the realm of possibility that a modern production rifle would be THAT far out. I'm not saying it isn't the rifle but that's just TOO far out not to be incredibly suspicious that something is wrong with the optics system.

I've never dealt with Savage CS but I've heard they're pretty good. No matter how good they are, you're going to be without your rifle for a while if you send it in. SO, if it were me, BEFORE I sent my rifle off, I'd durn sure mount up a different optic (with different hardware) and see if I have the same issue. It'd suck to send it off and get it back with a note saying "There's nothing wrong with this rifle. The problem is with your optics package."

Leupold makes great scopes but they can still turn out a bad scope (or rings) every now and then; and the VX1 series is not their premium line of optics. I'd first be complaining to your retailer and trying a different scope and rings before I went calling on Savage.

Good luck with it! I'm still breaking in the barrel on my new 110 6.5 Creedmore and it's shooting 3-shot groups, at 100yds, that are touching. .35moa out of the box with a Leupold VXR on a Nightforce base and TPS rings. So, it's sure surprising to hear of a Savage that would be THAT far out of whack.