There comes a point where an action is strong enough, and anymore is just overkill. A savage action, in its pure form, is plenty strong. There has never been any proof, what so ever, that a target action has any advantage in accuracy, over a standard repeater Savage action. With that said, I can't see how a dual port would need anymore strength, than what it has. I could only see an advantage, if you had a barrel that was bigger in diameter than the action, and it was over 30 inch long.

If you think that a dual port would give up anything on accuracy, just look at the Bat actions. Bat has done this for years, and many of benchrest shooters would argue that this is the best action in the world. Many have copied their design. SSS has done dual ports on rblp actions since they have come out. He shoots one, and one match we shot in he shot a 5 shot group that was a hair over 1 inch at 600 yards. I have seen another gun that SSS built that is a dual port and it shoots every bit, if not better than, the Bat action that the owner owns.

If there was any doubt that the action would be unsafe, I grantee Savage would not sell it. A case rupture is a dangerous situation, and the action design has incorporated features to keep it safe, if this was to happen. I would say that a case rupture would have the same affect to the shooter no mater if it was rbrp, rblp, or dual port.

A few extra thoughts about the dual port, first, if I was to do a dual port and money was no object, The way I would do it is buy a pre target accu-trigger RBLP action. These guns have a very small port, when they went to the target accu-trigger they made a bigger port in them. I would send the action off to SSS and have them cut the right port. They can cut the port to any size you would want and for a 6br, you can get away with a very small port. This would make the best dual port action. Savage factory dual port actions have two very large ports, (Due to the 6.5x284 chambering offered) and the way they are cut makes the bolt have more play, when moving it back and forth. The Factory Dual port also has a different bolt spacing than the other actions. They use a model 40 trigger guard, and do not use the half pillar in the rear, they use a full pillar. SSS could drill the action like this on any of the target actions.

On all of them using a 6br cartridge I would use a 223 style front baffle that has the longer bolt stop.