Thread: Sent My 17wsm back to Savage...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainorshine View Post
    Seems like my replacement B Mag sporter has lost the accuracy I thought it had. When I received it from Savage last July it was shooting 1-1/2" groups with 20 gr. and 2 - 2-1/2 " with 25 gr ammo. I added a Sims resonator and that brought the 20 gr. groups down to close to 1" at 100 yds. I haven't shot it since then until recently. Now the 20 gr. is 3+ inches, Sims or no Sims, and the 25 gr. is about where it was. Maybe it doesn't like the cold weather?
    Are you shooting the same lot of ammo as last july ? Ammo varys a bit from lot to lot. I Have the same issues with my original sporter barreled Bmag. At one point it shot great then it went down hill and I have not been able to correct.
    I replaced it with a HB version and have had very good consistent results. There is just something weird about that skinny barrel. The heating of the barrel and harmonics just don't work well.

Rainorshine
    Quote Originally Posted by gsperaz View Post
    Are you shooting the same lot of ammo as last july ? Ammo varys a bit from lot to lot. I Have the same issues with my original sporter barreled Bmag. At one point it shot great then it went down hill and I have not been able to correct.
    I replaced it with a HB version and have had very good consistent results. There is just something weird about that skinny barrel. The heating of the barrel and harmonics just don't work well.
    Yes, I only had a few rounds left from July but they wouldn't group either. I remember you went through a lot with your origal B Mag. Glad the HB is working out for you. I'll keep working with this rifle - hopefully not making it any worse. Thanks for you input!

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but....

Well I FINALLY got my B-Mag to shoot half way decent groups @ 100yrds! I found some of the American Eagle 20gr at our local Bass Pro and decided to give them a try...

The pic I posted above was the last time I had shot it and was using the Winchester 20 and 25gr.
    Here is the American Eagle (obviously the "X" out holes are from another rifle ):

No more Winchesters for this rifle!

I might just get another stock for it now!!

Compare this to this post: http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...l=1#post285291
    Last edited by fla9-40; 05-15-2015 at 02:04 PM.
    Welcome to my home.....FYI..... That locked door you kicked down was for your protection.... not mine!!