Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do some people dump on Savage?

ywhic

Considering the Savage price point on the model 10's is right up with the Remmy's I don't know why people are STILL griping.

My 11 (HH in 308) worked great out of the box..

500 and 750 yard shooting after 1 box to zero at 100 and then 200 yards..

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by psharon97 View Post
    I once asked a shop owner to compare the Remington to the Savage. He insisted that the Savage was junk.
    One day when I walked into one of the local toy shops when a guy I used work with was looking over a few rifles on the counter one of which was a Stevens 200. He asked if I were buying a one of them which would I choose. Without hesitation I pointed to the Stevens. The counter guy gasped so hard I thought for a second he was going to swallow his face!

Tom asked why I'd buy the 200. Like I told him, you can spend two or three times the money, but it will shoot just as well if not better than the others.

When the counter guy started to protest I asked him if he would be willing to waive his commission since he would pocket more bucks on the higher priced rifles.

End of the conversation!

Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

Money do talk!

Similar thing happened when I was in a gun shop in Walterboro South Carolina this winter. Guy was looking at a Remington 770 in .308. He looked at me and said "whatdaya think?"....I just shook my head no. Got a dagger look from the shop owner. Guy says "well I was looking for a .308 what would you get. "A Savage", says I. Shop didn't have any Savage's so I told him to check out Wal-Mart. Thought the shop owner was gonna have a cerebral infarction so I beat a hasty retreat.
    Last edited by wbm; 05-30-2014 at 08:38 PM.

Basic Member
    Just take a look at the new 783 Remington's. Guess what they have. Yup a barrel nut. Imitation is the best form of flattery. Must not be so bad for them to use it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123