Hey all,
I am new to this forum and wanted to pick some brains. I am currently rebuilding a Savage 111 centerfeed that I have had for about 10 years. Thus far I have replaced the stock with Choate's Tactical Savage stock, went with a Timney trigger set up with 2 lb trigger pull. I currently have a Leupold VX-2 4x12x50 scope but have yet to mount it (thinking of getting rid of it due to the fact it doesn't have Mil-dots or finger adjustable turrets). I am also thinking about pulling the trigger on a Shilen bull Barrel here in a day or two unless I get some feedback as to why not to go with this company. I also plan on sending it out to either SSS or SSG for glass bedding and action trusting. Two questions here: has anyone had dealings with SSS or SSG and if so what's your thoughts on the craftsmanship and customer service. Also, I have about 100 rounds through this rifle and am wondering if its even worth replacing the bolt, etc. I am under the impression that if I get the stock action milled and trued, that should be more than sufficient. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I forgot to mention that this is a 300WM and I plan on using this rifle for extremely long distances if need be shooting sub 1/4MOA.... roughly 1000 yds . Thanks in advance!