Hey fellow Savage shooters! I've been absent from the forum for a while, but am happy to be back and I have a few questions for those of you who shoot F-class or have any experience with the 6-BR at ranges out to 600 yds. I'm interested in putting together such a rifle, to shoot for fun initially and in F-class eventually, if I can get it to shoot well enough. My questions are:

barrel length- 26,28,or 30"?

Profile- varmint or bull? Is there really much accuracy improvement to justify the extra weight of a bull profile?

Twist seems to be standard at 8"??

Favored brands? Considering CBI, Shilen, or McGowan prefits.

If I go with something really heavy like the 30" bull, will it be necessary or wise to bed the first 2-3" of the barrel to help support it?

This will be mounted on either a Model 12 VLP single shot small shank action (which I already have) or a large shank target action ( which I'm thinking about buying). Either way it'll be mounted into a Hart Long Range Target laminated stock from Stocky's, which has pillars but no bedding block. Any advice from the long range gurus out there? Caliber is already decided, at either 6BR or possibly 6 BRX. Tired of the .308 for now. Time for something milder, and hopefully more accurate.
Any and all help/opinions are welcome.