Thread: Savage is a disappointment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    you would strip everything out if you tried ft/lbs!

Basic Member
    well if it helps with how you feel allow me to offer an experience i had.
    by the way i lied about my age to be accepted here. im actually much older than it says i am.
    anyway for my 75 birthday i decided to treat myself to a new 223 rifle. i wanted a carrying type
    not a heavier varmit type. im a lefty and i decided on a cz i think model 527 which should be etched in my mind.
    bought the gun at bobs in clearfield pa. for around $800. brought it home and took it out of the pretty wood stock to clean it.
    it wouldnt go back in the stock without it rubbing the barrel on one side. back to bobs which is almost 50 miles each way.
    they couldnt get it right either so we filled out new paperwork and i got another gun. brought that home and guess what,
    same problem all over again. so i saw what the problem was finally and paid to have the action glass bedded. then proceeded
    to load ammo and nothing i tried was less than a tennis ball size group at a hundred yards. back to bobs again and they called
    kansas city and we were told i should ship the gun there. they sent me a card with a w o # and instructions not to call.
    they would call me when they had an answer for me. 2 weeks later no call so i called them. fortunitly the girl i spoke with connected
    me with a tech person who said they hadnt tested the gun yet. i questioned what they would do expecting him to say change barrels
    but he didnt say that. he said they would replace the gun. a week later i called again and had a direct line # to the tech. he said he had shot the gun and it didnt perform well. i said well i knew that when i sent it to you. i reminded him i wanted the glass bedded stock
    with the new gun and he agreed. about another week i got the new gun which was now #3. guess what, that one didnt shoot either
    so back to k c that one went. i had called first and demanded a refund on the gun which they refused to do. i also requested that in the
    interest of time they shoot the next one before sending it. another week and i called and spoke again with the tech. amazingly he admitted
    the next one didnt shoot well either. since it was the last lefty they had on hand they agreed they would refund my money if i faxed them
    my sales receipt. i did so the next day and a few days later i had my check. but guess what it was minus the 6% sales tax i paid which
    showed on the receipt. they refused to budge on that when i called and raised hell over it. so i went back to bobs bought another
    lefty savage varmit model and couldnt be happier.

good luck with the browning.