well guys, Ive been through two Savage Model 11 7MM-08s in the last 6 weeks. It has been a terrible experience in trying to sight in a gun that shoots all over the place and every third shot, the scope loosens up...changed the scope and still couldn't shoot... Spending 20 hours troubleshooting and shooting these two guns... $300 in ammo, $60 on new base and rings, dealing with a girl on the phone that is reading from a piece of paper to attempt to assist me in what the problem could be with this rifle. This all started September 3, it is not Oct 30th!!!!!!!

when we asked for a gunsmith, or someone that knows more about guns in general and knows about these particular rifles, she said "I cant transfer you to anyone". Really??? I am out $800 on a gun that has been shipped back to Savage and another gun that the dealer had to order to replace the first one and both are a POS. I apologize if I seem to be breaking the rules, but if I could have read information on these guns from a forum such as this, it would have saved me 6 weeks of hell 5 trips to the gun dealer, 3 worthless conversations with customer service at Savage, worthless email customer service request system-which they could not even pull up by the cust. serv. person.

I am happy NOW. Today I went and bought a Browning X Bolt Micro 7mm-08 Hunter rifle and it sighted in just beautifully within 30 minutes. I will never ever ever purchase another Savage gun again. And if you are about to purchase one? Good Luck is all I have to say.
I know some people that have purchased Savage and absolutely love their product, but there are some faulty ones out there. -only two things I liked about the Savage... the three position safety and the accu-trigger.
good day.