Thread: Problems with new 11 Trophy Hunter

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Espo

Problems with new 11 Trophy Hunter

Hi, new to the forum here and I have a few problems with my rifle so far. First off, I have not fired the rifle as I just picked it up yesterday.

1.) My first problem is with the bolt. While cycling rounds through it the first time it was fine and worked flawlessly. Now it gets harder to close when a round is going into the chamber and when opening the chamber. When there are no rounds being cycled it opens and closes with ease. Dry firing it has a little tension coming back up but nowhere near as much as when a round is being cycle. It feels like as if it's grinding on something but I can't tell what it is. I have removed the scope mount and screws and even the front screw that holds the rifle to the stock and still the same problem. I even colored the bullet with a marker to see where it was scratching and it shows 1 thin line from a little after the tip and ends about 3/4 down and several scuffs near where the bullet meets the casing. (no pictures at the time since I am at work) Looking down the barrel from the chamber end with a flashlight shows nothing sticking out. (even with all the screws in tight.)

2.) Looking at youtube videos about the bolt disassembly i noticed that my internals are actually the same as the axis model and not the 11 shown here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoPtHPjt2c8
    any ideas if the maybe changed the design?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated
    Thank you in advance
    Last edited by Espo; 10-28-2013 at 07:07 AM.