[QUOTE=memilanuk;169751]Generally speaking, I normally recommend *against* using different bullet weights at different distances

8><--------

quite a bit longer throat than the one that comes in a 12 F/TR or 12 Palma at this time. Seating those long heavy bullets down further into the neck tends to reduce the available powder capacity rapidly.

8><--------

Thanks for the great reply, do you know if there is any difference in the throat between the FTR and Palma throat? or are they identical? apart from the twist and stock? In NZ there is one Palma available off the shelf. The FTR I have to special order and wait 4 months, but we stop shooting May to September so no biggee. It is also $500US cheaper to get the FTR which I could put into a better scope.

In NZ we do shoot at all ranges on the same day for but "serious" competition tends to be just one or two per day. What I do see is the wind can be very variable on our range so the heavier projectile might be better. For instance know the 140gr is awful at 500, 600yds and 800yds compared to the 155gr on such a day (like 2MOA worth), hence a wee bit more might be less wind driven.

I can appreciate the concern on the difference but with different colour ammo cases its no biggee IMHO.

regards