Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FCP HS Precision stock adjustable cheek install-pic heavy

I use the Dark Eagle 10 round magazines

Work great

benellibill
    Yeah, I just spoke with Dan and they seem to be the way Im going to go as well. Thanks for the help though

The Dark Eagle's run around 95 bucks I believe

benellibill
    Pacific tool and gauge has AI 10 rd mags listed for the same price, they also list accurate mag mags too. I also saw the bottom metals w/mag combo. Don't know if theyre in stock or not, I guess I will find out soon though.
    I have another question about this fine install that I hope someone can answer. Im a wooden boatbuilder by trade and use marine epoxies a lot for my work depending on the type of build Im doing. I have a good supply of West Systems epoxy, generally considered the best of marine epoxies. There are also any number of different fillers that can be added to the mix for different applications and uses, even metal fillers including copper and aluminum. The stuff is super strong, sticks to any and every surface you can thing of, wood, fiberglass, carbon fiber metal, even PVC with the proper prep. I just received my Loggerhead hardware kit from Terry today and thinking of just using the epoxy I have on hand to do m install. Anyone see any problems with this? If anyone knows about it. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, hell, it might even work for bedding, with the right filler.
    Thanks fellers, and again, kudos to the OP for the fine thread.

West Systems epoxies would probably work just fine as long as 1.) You can find a good release agent that works reliably. And 2.) Shrinkage doesn't occur when built up heavy.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

benellibill
    Thanks Hotolds. Once while working with the originators of this epoxy in Bay City Michigan, the Gougeon Brothers, they poured some molds for some wind turbine blades that were 70' long. When poured the shrinkage was less the 3/32" over the entire 70' length. With West, shrinkage only occurs during the liquid state, never when solidity is reached and its reached faster the more there is, I e. thin film cure slow and a mass cures faster because its exothermic so when there is more surface area it gives off heat much faster than when there is little surface area, heat makes it cure faster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12