Hey all figured I would post up and share my newest rifle. For Christmas this year I was given a new Savage Mark IIFV in 22LR. I had asked for the rifle with the idea of making a trainer to my bolt actions centerfires again all Savages that I have done barrel swaps with and built my own custom stocks for. I wanted to build a stock for the Mark II that would be identical to my other rifles. This is not my first rimfire either I have a 10/22 built up too.

Anyways, enough back story here are some pics.

Here it is at the range with a big brother in 243 Winchester.

And one of the 243 Winchester.

I will get some more pics up tonight of the painted actually finished stock.

If you want to see build details on how I build one of these just let me know.

As to how it shoots I am still working on that. I started out by basically bedding everything including the bosses and sides of the action. I am using the factory bottom metal that has been bedded also there is no deformation happening. The rifle shot like crap, then I started reading how picky these are to action screw torque specs. So I started playing around with it. It seemed to almost like floating in the stock the action itself. So I removed the bedding on the side of the action. Its now bedded on the bosses only. I also installed bedding on the barrel directly in front of the action it's two inches long. Now I need to make it back to the range to see if that has helped.

If you have any tips on bedding/action screw torque let me know. Thanks.