I've got a pair of older 10x50 Vortex. I think they were called the Vultures or something like that. They were in the neighborhood of 300-400 bucks if I recall. I absolutely love Vortex optics. I cracked a lens on a bighorn sheep hunt a few years back, and they sent me a new pair, no questions asked. The clarity, especially on the 50 obj, is comparable to glass a lot more expensive.
As others have stated, what binos to buy really depends more on what you are hunting, and where. If you are sitting in treestands on the east coast, glassing over bean fields, your needs are going to be different than if you are humping up and down hills out west for elk, and again different, if you are sitting on a hill top in Wyoming looking for antelope a mile away or more. Out west where I hunt, I am happy with 10 power, and would rather have a little more than less magnification. However, I can see where if I were not needing to look out at animals a loonng way out, Id rather have 8 power. When I hunt back east, stalking pigs in Georgia, or whitetails in NC, I have a pair of small 8 power nikons that are great for that.