Sadly from wal-mart the savage 110fxp bundle in .270 for $447 +tax. Other then that I was eyeballing the Remington 770 .270 $315 out the door no tax. I hope I didn't make a mistake with the savage, anyway, I took it to the range to get sighted in. The .270 had more recoil then I thought it would, after 15 shots I started getting shaky. Was off quite a bit on the 50yrd so I sighted it a bit by shooting 9 rounds. Then moved over to the 100yrd and was barely on the paper with 2 test shots. Made my adjustments and fire 3 more shots and they weren't bulleye's but there around it top and bottom. I could have got a better shots but I was wore-out.

Final thoughts of the gun:
The Bad: I hate the cheap synthetic stock, the barrel has a uneven gap between the stock at the end of it. I believe it touches a little preventing it from floating. The bolt is loose and hits the chamber if I'm holding the bolt handle. If I like gravity hold it and just push it in, then it slides in just fine. I hate using scope caps, I wish they had the folding caps over the scope lens.

The Good: Its my first gun and it was under $500, has a free floating barrel "kinda". The scope works well for me, even though I don't know what a expensive nice scope looks or feels like.

Does anybody have the bolt hitting the chamber problem? I can make a video if need be. Also what is a cheap scope that's better then the bushnell 3x9x40 that comes with it?