Geez... That heading almost sounds personal

Anyway, today I officially lost my cherry & I'm an official Savage bolt service tech.
I stripped down 3 old bolts from 110 models (w/ .473" head) to make up one good bolt. I had some defective Winchester primers burn thru the rolled edge & burn / pit the bolt face on my .270. By the way, Winchester had me Fed Ex the old brass with burned primers, along with photos of the damaged bolt face & they're sending a few certificates to replace the primers & bolt head. Rather nice of them, I think...

Breaking down a bolt for the first time is quite interesting. It appears I have one bolt with a smaller (thinner diam.) firing pin than the other two which made it very interesting putting things back together. Boy, is it hard to get that fat firing pin in that small hole bolt head.... ::)

Advice to any virgin bolt rebuilders.... When breaking down more than one bolt at a time, make sure you lay out the parts & keep the parts together for each bolt. You never know what you're going to find inside.

Lastly, thanks to all who posted previous info & photos on the fine art of bolt repair. It was most helpful.