I've got an older Savage 110FP LA .308 from the factory, SA caliber in a LA, with a short box mag (for the .308)

It appears as if the action itself is set up for a SA cartridge with the bottom of the action "opened up" just enough for the .308 cartridge.

I bought and mounted a Choate Tactical Stock on this action...HIGHLY PLEASED!!! I have bought and paid for a CDI bottom metal DBM set up from Jeff at CDI but have yet to send it in for inletting and installation. I want the ability to swap in a 30-06 barrel, sure I can do so IF I run it as a single shot and feed it singly one round at a time but I'd like to run a magnum length AICS mag and DBM set up and run the .308 and 30-06 out of the Magnum mags. (tweeking the feed lips allows this) Here is my question(s)

1. Is the action in fact set up as I suspect? Is there a measurement I can check?

2. Is there a machining procedure to "open it up" and or re-cut the feed ramp to accept a long (30-06) cartridge?

3. I want the ability to swap in a 30-06 barrel, sure I can do so IF I run it as a single shot and feed it singly one round at a time. If I remove the short box mag and run a Magnum Length DBM bottom metal will the 30-06 feed thru the lower portion of the action?

Anyone been thru this evolution with a older 110FP LA set up running a SA cartridge?

Or should I just get the thing set up for dedicated .308?

My thinking was to build it this way and then buy a SA and build a dedicated .308 and leave the LA in 30-06 or 300WM.

Capt Beach