PDA

View Full Version : savage 10t no good

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

87tpita
02-28-2016, 04:57 PM
Just purchased a 10t from cabelas and something is not right.. i shot through 2 known to be good scopes and the rifle is shooting 10-13" to the left out of the box.. at 50yards i had to bring my vortex scope all the way to the right just to get it to hit paper. Not sure if anyone else has gone through this but hopefully savage will pay to ship the rifle back to their company and fix whatever issue maybe

Carvera
02-28-2016, 06:02 PM
Have you checked to see if the scope mount holes are drilled off center?

FW Conch
02-28-2016, 08:10 PM
At least 2 people on here have reported the same problem lately. When they called Savage and gave their serial #'s, they were asked to return the rifles for repair. You may have one of those #'s ?

87tpita
02-28-2016, 09:45 PM
I was driving past cabelas and just dropped ot off ... they can send back... lady told me it could be up to 4 months. .. i will be calling the gm tomorrow and see what if anything they are willing to do to compensate a customer for the inconvenience. ... im pretty unhappy with the situation at this point

87tpita
02-28-2016, 09:48 PM
J86720 is the # ....

mpitts514
02-29-2016, 12:13 AM
Been having mine for a couple years and never lets me down. Do a sting test to check holes.

Texas10
02-29-2016, 08:02 AM
J86720 is the # ....

You won't be able to look up that serial number in Savage's parts finder, they're way behind in entering serial numbers into the on-line date base. Beside that, you're apparently missing a digit.

This type of base will correct for that problem.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-standard-2pc-2-piece-base.html

Put your scope windage to mid point, and use the screws to align POA to POI.

bearcatrp
02-29-2016, 08:12 AM
Have had mine for over a year with zero problems. Sounds like the scope mount not properly installed. Did you do a bore site before shooting? Cabelas should have replaced it if it was just purchased.

87tpita
02-29-2016, 09:28 AM
Thanks guys... Like i said its brand new and honestly not sure if its a rifling issue or the factory rail holes are misaligned.... Eitherway dooesnt matter now they can fix or replace it.... Thanks for the tips on possible issues with seting up my scope but i have mounted a few here and there and never an issue like this... On a positive note ill be putting the pst on my weatherby and enjoying that while im waiting for the 10t

87tpita
02-29-2016, 09:36 AM
I went there and expained my situation.... They were not willing to buy back mine and issue a new one. I have shot 4 savages out of the box and all of them have been nothing but impressive. Its unfortunate its a dud but sounds like savage has taken care of there customers so thats reassuring. Yes i bore sight all my rifles at 50. .. Zero at 100 .. Then track the scope ..

WinnieTheBoom
02-29-2016, 09:59 AM
Don't go through your retailer, deal directly with Savage. The issue will be resolved MUCH quicker that way.

87tpita
03-17-2016, 12:10 AM
Contacted savage. . The barrel was replaced, i was told by next week it should be done with accuracy test and on its way back. .. fingers crossed

bearcatrp
03-17-2016, 07:57 AM
Contacted savage. . The barrel was replaced, i was told by next week it should be done with accuracy test and on its way back. .. fingers crossed

Didn't expect the barrel was the issue but sounds like they jumped on it pretty fast. Keep us up to date up to a range report.

Jamie
03-17-2016, 02:10 PM
The barrel has been the issue in most of the complaints lately. Barrels seem to not get straightened at the factory. Wonder if the older fellow that did this retired and a new person has taken that over.

Yes, most barrels are bent and require a straightening process.

Rondogg
03-17-2016, 10:18 PM
I was driving past cabelas and just dropped ot off ... they can send back... lady told me it could be up to 4 months. .. i will be calling the gm tomorrow and see what if anything they are willing to do to compensate a customer for the inconvenience. ... im pretty unhappy with the situation at this point

Wouldn't this be a Savage issue to compensate you, and not Cabela's?

Steve_Temple
03-18-2016, 12:29 AM
I love my 10t! Hopefully they get it straight for you! Cant be beat for $399

87tpita
03-18-2016, 04:33 AM
I love my 10t! Hopefully they get it straight for you! Cant be beat for $399
Im hoping this is the case... and yeah... for the price it sure felt nice ... im excited to get it back soon

87tpita
03-18-2016, 04:41 AM
Wouldn't this be a Savage issue to compensate you, and not Cabela's?
I didn't walk into Savage and buy a defective item... i walked into Cabela's. Imo the responsibility for this lies with whom ever i gave my $$ too ... when i explained i thought it was fair that they reimburse the rounds of ammo used to sight in the rifle. . The Sm's reply was... the ammunition worked just fine ..lol... either way, it is what it is, but , the cabelas in Hammond Indiana has been terrible.. George at the gun counter and the SM Jaime have no idea how to treat a customer. .. promises of call backs...wait 4 days... oh oops i forgot your number.... once okay but..when it happens 3 times ..and each time my phone number was repeated back to me... i know I'm a pain to deal with because i enjoy an intelligent argument but still im a customer ...i spent almost $6500 last year.. it has been a very disappointing experience .... I wont be spending my $$$ there anytime soon.... on the opposite side of that ... Savage's customer service has been nothing but good

Jamie
03-18-2016, 07:39 AM
If it is broke out of the box, Cabela's should bite the bullet and make it right. If it works fine out of the box and then breaks it goes to Savage. I always told my folks to put yourself in the customer shoes. If you just spent money on a rifle, go out to shoot it and there is an issue, you don't want to send to the manufacturer, you want one that works.

You need to fill out the survey at the bottom of your receipt explaining what is going on. There is an option for you to be called. THESE SURVEYS ARE NO JOKE! You will get a response quickly.

Rondogg
03-18-2016, 10:22 PM
I didn't walk into Savage and buy a defective item... i walked into Cabela's. Imo the responsibility for this lies with whom ever i gave my $$ too ... when i explained i thought it was fair that they reimburse the rounds of ammo used to sight in the rifle. . The Sm's reply was... the ammunition worked just fine ..lol... either way, it is what it is, but , the cabelas in Hammond Indiana has been terrible.. George at the gun counter and the SM Jaime have no idea how to treat a customer. .. promises of call backs...wait 4 days... oh oops i forgot your number.... once okay but..when it happens 3 times ..and each time my phone number was repeated back to me... i know I'm a pain to deal with because i enjoy an intelligent argument but still im a customer ...i spent almost $6500 last year.. it has been a very disappointing experience .... I wont be spending my $$$ there anytime soon.... on the opposite side of that ... Savage's customer service has been nothing but good
I understand your the customer. We all are when we purchase a fireArm. How would Cabelas know the rifle could have problems? I bought the Savage BTCSS in 223 from Cabela's and had problems problems with it. I called Savage and they sent me a shipping label and paid for the return shipment. Why would I ask Cabelas's to do something, when Savage states they will fix it. As all firearm sales clearly state ALL SALES FINAL. It's a firearm, not a coffee pot.