PDA

View Full Version : savage 10t no good

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

jim_k
04-07-2016, 08:52 AM
You didn't say, but I bet they sent the target they shot with it before it left their facility. I'm putting my money on your rifle being one of the best you own.

87tpita
04-07-2016, 03:19 PM
They did not... but from other savages i have shot.. there is no doubt she will be a tack driver.

bearcatrp
04-07-2016, 03:58 PM
The 308 came back to Cabela's yesterday and i picked it up today.. im very excited to throw some lead.. will update as soon as time allows
Did you see the repair ticket for what was actually done to fix it?

87tpita
04-08-2016, 08:53 AM
No... savage just stated they replaced the barrel when i contacted them

Texas10
04-08-2016, 09:17 AM
Interesting……..when my 12FV came back from repair (two times) there was a document detailing what was done included in the box with the rifle.

bearcatrp
04-08-2016, 04:05 PM
No... savage just stated they replaced the barrel when i contacted them

They should have included the document but at least you know what they did. Curious how your next range trip goes so post the results.

87tpita
04-08-2016, 05:39 PM
So here we go again.... Cabela's had this rifle advertised as being qualified for the $100 savage rebate.... turns out they falsly and mistakenly posted it according to savage there 10t is not a qualified rifle.. so i just spent a fantastic 30 minutes on the phone again... woman was nice but couldn't resolve the issue... she is letting corporate know.. never again will i spend my $$ with this company

bearcatrp
04-08-2016, 07:30 PM
Have read others went through the same thing. Call corporate yourself. Did you get pictures of the rebate? I did get the rebate last year when they had it. Turn them in to your state attorney generals office if they don't honor it.

bergy24
04-11-2016, 07:06 AM
So here we go again.... Cabela's had this rifle advertised as being qualified for the $100 savage rebate.... turns out they falsly and mistakenly posted it according to savage there 10t is not a qualified rifle.. so i just spent a fantastic 30 minutes on the phone again... woman was nice but couldn't resolve the issue... she is letting corporate know.. never again will i spend my $$ with this company

I went through this on Cabelas NRA Sale weekend about a month ago. However, I did my homework before and it helped me out. I saw the internet add at Cabelas showing the 10T had a rebate available.The rebate form they had linked, did not show the 10T, But I wanted to make sure, so I made many calls, including the rebate company, Savage and Cabelas. Both Savage and the rebate company confirmed it wasn't included. Cabelas kept telling me it was. The firearms Manager said he was going to call Savage to confirm. To make a long story short, it isn't included but the firearms manager said, "Since it was advertised with a rebate, we will give you a $100 gift card to offset the cost. But understand this is not the norm and consider yourself lucky" I always check if a rebate is valid prior to a purchase, especially such a large amount. You could try to talk to the Manager or corporate and see where it gets you. I know others have complained about the same thing. Good luck.

87tpita
04-11-2016, 08:28 AM
I read the form and saw 10 series ... didn't see specifically 10t but my rifle says 10 on it.. not 10t ... called cabelas.. woman from customer service said it was an I.T glitch and it should qualify no problem.... hopefully the rifle shoots well and all this nonsense will become nothing more than a commentary when someone mentions Cabela's. Lol

bergy24
04-11-2016, 08:43 AM
I hope it shoots good for you now that it has had the barrel changed. I agree Cabelas has some of the most uninformed staff in the business and unless I know exactly what I want to buy and it's a good price, I would rather go to my Local shop to do business. most of the people have no idea what they are talking about or what they are selling. It's no better at Gander Mtn, or Bass Pro either. In my opinion, you deserve the rebate or at least a gift card to compensate the difference. If you fight for it, you may get it.

As far as the rebate form,
Actually, it says Model 12 and 10/110 BA (see link below). Since it didn't say 10 series or specifically the 10T, I decided to question everyone up front (and glad I did).
https://s3.amazonaws.com/savagefiles/promotions/web/sa143/SA143_SavageArmsSpringPromo_Coupon_fHR.PDF (https://s3.amazonaws.com/savagefiles/promotions/web/sa143/SA143_SavageArmsSpringPromo_Coupon_fHR.PDF)

87tpita
04-12-2016, 07:15 PM
Got a call from Cabela's corporate today.. they stated i will be receiving the savage $100 rebate shortly.... time will tell ...

bearcatrp
04-12-2016, 07:34 PM
Got a call from Cabela's corporate today.. they stated i will be receiving the savage $100 rebate shortly.... time will tell ...

I knew they would take care of you. congrats. Now get us a range report. Mine is a tac driver and know yours will be too. Need pics too.

Process_engineer
04-12-2016, 07:50 PM
No ****. I just bought a 10T last month and they told me at cabelas that it didn't qualify after I argued that the add said it did. Guess it can't hurt to call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamie
04-12-2016, 09:21 PM
No ****. I just bought a 10T last month and they told me at cabelas that it didn't qualify after I argued that the add said it did. Guess it can't hurt to call.

If everyone told you it didn't apply to that model why would you call anyone?

bergy24
04-13-2016, 06:46 AM
We need some more info. Who filled out the rebate form and what changed that made it eligible? I highly doubt you will get the actual rebate check that the 110/10BA is eligible for, when you bought the 10T, unless Cabelas worked something out with Savage. If it were me and Cabelas called and said it should be here shortly, I would ask, is it coming from Savage or Cabelas? If they said "Savage" I would ask them how did that happen, if it isn't eligible for the rebate. From my experience, When I called Cabelas and talked to numerous people, they ALL said it was eligible when in fact it wasn't. I feel Cabelas doesn't take the time to research the correct info and just tells the customer what they want to hear so they stop calling. It wasn't until Cabelas finally picked up the phone and called Savage until they realized they made a mistake. That's when they told me they would give me a $100 gift card to offset the rebate amount. Did Cabelas give you a rebate # so you can check your status? If I were you, I wouldn't stop since you are so close. Now that they said your entitled to it, demand a gift card if you don't get the check. If you do actually get a check, Great. But you will be the only one I have heard get it for the 10T.

Jamie
04-13-2016, 09:16 AM
I would imagine that they will send him a gift card although there is a chance they send a check. Either way, it will be from Cabela's and not Savage.

87tpita
04-13-2016, 08:23 PM
The woman specifically said savage was sending the rebate .. not sure what's happening.. at this point i wouldn't even be surprised if she is wrong .. my opinion on Cabela's has changed for the worst after this fiasco.. hopefully i can get out on sunday

bergy24
04-14-2016, 03:22 PM
My money is on Cabelas is wrong again. Did you get a rebate tracking number? If so, call the rebate company @ 866-269-5194 and ask them the status. You can also give them your serial number and they will tell you if you are getting one or not. Take the info you get and call Cabelas back and complain more, and ask for a gift card to compensate you for the ineligible rebate that was linked to the 10T on the their website. If you send me your email I can send you screen shots of the website showing the rebate and the link.

Here is Savages rebate page in case you haven't seen it yet. http://www.savagearms.com/promotions/

Process_engineer
04-15-2016, 06:24 PM
I hope your new barrel shoots as well as mine does. I am a relatively new shooter and my 10T is a tack driver.