PDA

View Full Version : savage 10t no good

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

87tpita
03-20-2016, 06:20 PM
Its a defective product .... period. .. i asked for a gift card to cover the ammo i purchased. ... . Whether they agree with me or not i can deal with that but. the customer service and follow up is horrible there.... rude and lack of follow up is my issue... when I first brought the rifle to the gun counter only a week after purchasing it the gentleman continuously implied i was wrong and it couldn't be the rifle... his reply to his co worker was .." hey can you take care of this gentleman. . for some reason this guy thinks there's something wrong with the Savage rifle he just bought".. this was after i explained in detail the issue and how thorough i was in determining that the rifle was in fact problematic. ..

87tpita
03-20-2016, 06:26 PM
Also i did not buy the gun from savage. .. Cabela's directly benefits from my purchase with a profit. ... imo the $ i pay them is a direct reason as to why my issue with there products should be there concern too.... implications to me being incompetent are not the way to handle the situation. .. again this is my opinion though

drybean
03-20-2016, 07:14 PM
Call Savage they will Fix it

87tpita
03-20-2016, 09:51 PM
Already in the works. . Barrel was replaced so this week they will be testing it

Jamie
03-20-2016, 10:40 PM
If you still have the receipt for the rifle, FILL OUT THE SURVEY. Now you can even provide proof you were not making this up. If you know the names of the people involved, name them.

87tpita
03-23-2016, 09:21 AM
Will do.. thanks

jim_k
03-23-2016, 09:30 AM
This is a common issue, and I have seen it with two Savage 10's. Bar stock gets bent sometimes, and that's what barrels are made from. Rifle retailers don't replace, but Savage is excellent to work with, and when you get your rifle back, it is a proven tack-driver. The seller could only assume responsibility for the accuracy if he shot each rifle and verified it's accuracy. If the seller shoots the rifle, it cannot be sold as "new" any longer. That's a trade-off. Attitude has a lot to do with it, though, and I agree that counter personnel who assume the customer is a doofus should remediate on their 'tude training. It also would be in Cabela's best interest to just pony up with some comps.

Rondogg
03-23-2016, 09:53 PM
Good info Jim K. Thanks

BigBabyMoses06
03-24-2016, 11:19 AM
Mine seems to be fine so far. 2-3moa with cheap ZQI ammo but expecting much better with quality ammo. Will do a once over on the gun after reading this.

cwop
03-24-2016, 11:31 AM
My 2c with Cabelas years ago I purchased an Alaska tent expensive even then. It came with a life time warranty I am having zipper problems guess what? Their lifetime warranty is not as listed but some excuse as to the expected life of the tent. The tent is in perfect condition just zipper problems. They will not backup their warranty!

greyghost
03-24-2016, 08:17 PM
I bought a safe from cabelas it was a drop ship item from manufacture, They charged my card but could not give me delivery date as it was being shipped from manufacture, I called manufacture and they told me they were out and not making that model, Cabelas insisted I bought a legitimate safe and it would be delivered, It took a month of ME dealing with the manufacture not cabelas, They never returned calls, They took no initiative what so ever to handle the matter, The manufacture finally found one in a warehouse and shipped it. Try explaining to your wife you spent 1500.00 on a safe that may not exist and nobody wants to help you at all, And no your not sure if or when it may show up, Savage will take care of you, And you have a better understanding of how cabelas works!!

Rondogg
03-24-2016, 10:50 PM
A few of you guys have taken the initial issue of a guy having problems with a firearm he purchased, into a customer service issue that I don't believe Cabelas has responsibility for. You purchase a drop ship item that the manufacture says they have, and you are mad at Cabelas because the manufacture does not have. Funny stuff.. Go shop at Bass and see how that works for you.

talltimber
03-25-2016, 08:12 AM
Imo, if you're making money off a product then it is your responsibility to ensure that a serviceable product is provided. It matters not if you built it. You're selling it, that puts you on the hook. Replace it, then YOU deal with the maker over faulty product. Don't matter if it's a toaster, gun, car, whatever. Do you deal with Chevy? Or do you go to the dealer?

Steve_Temple
03-25-2016, 08:57 AM
Exactly! Its the retailers responsibility to sell quality products, if that doesn't happen then the retailer will suffer. Cabelas imo should make it right. I have the same gun and it shoots great! Hopefully yours will to soon

talltimber
03-25-2016, 09:21 AM
I don't have a doubt that savage will fix it and will most likely be very timely about it.
I most likely would have contacted savage directly as well, because I figure I would get MUCH better customer service and satisfaction knowing somethings being done. Not because I think cabelas has no responsibility in this, I just don't think they would give a **** about it, which apparently they didn't.

jim_k
03-25-2016, 09:24 AM
Imo, if you're making money off a product then it is your responsibility to ensure that a serviceable product is provided. It matters not if you built it. You're selling it, that puts you on the hook. Replace it, then YOU deal with the maker over faulty product. Don't matter if it's a toaster, gun, car, whatever. Do you deal with Chevy? Or do you go to the dealer?

The auto makers certify their dealers to do warranty work. Gun manufacturers cannot do that, since there are too many sellers for such small manufacturing companies to keep track of, and to make contracts with. The warranty repair work is retained in the manufacturing company, since there are not enough trained gunsmiths in the hinterlands. This is all a legal necessity, but the good gun manufacturers take care of their customers. Also, you can box up a rifle and mail it back. Not so your car. I still say that the retailers could be more active in customer assistance. When I've had this happen, they just said, "You need to mail it back to X manufacturer." At least they let me have a shipping box from their cardboard pile.

bearcatrp
03-25-2016, 05:50 PM
Cabelas is basically worthless when it comes to helping customers IMHO. As stated already, best to contact savage. Let them advise you what to do.

87tpita
03-30-2016, 05:25 AM
Rondogg.. do you work for Cabelas?

Rondogg
03-31-2016, 10:32 PM
Rondogg.. do you work for Cabelas?

No I do not. But I am employed by a business that does sell firearms. As Jim K stated, there are legal responsibilties that retailers do not want to step into when selling a firearm and the customer does not like it. All I said was I don't see why Cabelas should give you compensation. I said, send it back to Savage and they will fix it, as they did mine. Then some readers jumped on the Cabelas customer service sucks wagon and none of them involved a firearm purchase. I agree with customers that purchase items other than firearms be taken back to Cabelas or from where they purchased it and resolve it.

87tpita
04-07-2016, 01:25 AM
The 308 came back to Cabela's yesterday and i picked it up today.. im very excited to throw some lead.. will update as soon as time allows