The photo on the tekmat is/was hard as balls to take with a phone camera. It is by no means aimed correctly (or how I would shoot it). Yes I agree I can aim for the "lollipop" as opposed for the centre of the bull, but either way, that still doesn't explain why a brand new gun (that comes with, and is strongly marketed for having factory sights) shoots this far from the centre of the target when set to its lowest elevation.

I'm also not ready to braze a brass pin, or mill/modify anything on this gun as it's already been requested to be sent in for evaluation by Savage, is 3 weeks old, a current model still in production, and has 49 more weeks of warranty left.

These are all viable, good ideas, but I want Savage to fix this. Part of me wonders if they just kind of "rolled the dice" with the iron sight accuracy banking on the fact that >95% of the people buying these guns will put a scope on it before ever firing their first shot.

Have a look a Hickock 45 and his review of the 11 Scout (not the 110 Scout). I sincerely doubt that Savage made major changes to the iron sights between the 11 Scout and the 110 Scout.
This guy is a good shooter, and he prefers iron sights. He misses a lot during this video.