I got a good deal on the short action Archangel stock for my 6.5 Creedmoor. I think the action is maybe 2 years old. Originally a Model 10 factory 243 Win or maybe it was a 308 Win, removable magazine, center feed setup with the bottom bolt release.

In testing feeding and function I could hardly close the bolt. I thought maybe I hadn't shortened the WAY too long front action screw enough, but it was sitting just below the peaks of the threads in the action. I eventually figured out it was the bolt handle rubbing on the stock on the front side. Easy fix. Next I went to checking round feeding. Sadly, I could never cycle 10 rounds without at least one nose diving down where the tip of the bullet hit the breech face and thus halted the forward movement of the bolt. If I let loose of the pressure on the bolt handle, most of the time the round would lay flat and allow me to close the bolt. Sometimes I had to jiggle the bolt a bit to chamber the round. Cycling the bolt as fast as I could didn't work, though the failure rate was lower. Every speed in between, also no good. Cycling VERY slowly on the closing stroke would usually allow me to chamber and eject 10 rounds without a jamb. For me, this performance is unacceptable, though admit that I do live with crappy feeding from a few of my old blind mag stagger feed Savages. I had hoped this setup would work flawlessly with the Creedmoor. I like the stock just fine otherwise.

This thread below is one reason I bought the stock due to the positive comments about reliable feeding on the 6.5 Creedmoor.

https://www.savageshooters.com/showt...-action-6-5-cm

I tried 2 different bullets - 139 OTM Scenars and 129 plastic tip Amax, no difference. I bought several extra 10 and 7/5 round mags, they all do the same thing. I also tried longer and shorter seating depth, no difference. Usually I will get at last 2 jams out of 10, quite often 3, sometimes as many as 5 out of ten. I do think that a magazine designed just for the 6.5 Creedmoor is likely the only fix for this problem, but thought I would check here to see if anyone else has had the same trouble and perhaps found a fix for it.