Thread: ProMag Archangel Short Action Stock 6.5 Creedmoor rounds not feeding well

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    if you are having mag problems in an archangel stock it has nothing to do with savage . make sure there is no play in mag after inserted . mine in 308 was loose and after a few rounds it slipped down . the mag release slides out. under it is the rear action screw . make sure its tight then make sure by trigger guard there is a hole to keep mag release in place make sure it is snug . the mag release part slides down making mag loose causing feed problems . make sure the part by trigger guard is in . its like a set screw i think . any thing will lock the mag release in place just be sure its removable so you can access rear action screw when needed . my stock and mag are awesome . the ergonomics are incredibly comfortable . my rifle improved like 1/4 " at 100 to shoot in the . 4's at 100 now with factory ammo . waiting for weather for handloads . adj lop adj cheek rest detachable mag QD flush cups and mloc slots under $200 whats not to like .

Basic Member
    Thanks for the input guys.

The bolt doesn't seem to be dragging on the feed lips. I only tested feeding with the retaining pin that holds the mag catch in, installed, so the catch is not moving. I have tried 2 different Archangel stocks, both brand new and also tried 8 different new mags. The two 7 rounders that come with the stock and 6 ten rounders. Additionally I tried two different actions on the Archangels. and 3 different 6.5 CM barrels. None of them feed reliably from the Archangel setup OR from three different Savage center feed internal or removable magazine rifles. Both Archangel stocks feed 308 rounds flawlessly from all 8 magazines, so it also does not appear that there is anything seriously wrong with the Archangel stock / mag setup as far as the round the mags were built for goes.

It sure seems like the problem is more likely with the Savages, as far as feeding 6.5 CM rounds, than with the Archangel and that I am not alone with this problem at least with factory actions / stocks. The only all Savage setup I could get to reliably feed 6.5 CM rounds was with two old blind staggered feed mag box rifles. Do many of the new Savages being sold in 6.5 CM have this same feeding problem? I have never owned a factory built 6.5 CM Savage. J Baker's comments makes it sound like they do.

Basic Member
    My one 6.5 creedmoore Savage is an ashburry . They are factory blue printed . It runs flawlessly but it may be in part to reduced tolerance stacking . Or it could be because it runs from a p mag . the creedmoore is nose heavy as a cartridge having the bullet further out than most . Does anyone know what other manufactures did or didn't do to get round to feed in their Guns . Baker has a much better feel for that others are saying . I am curious to see does the axis and 12 fv have the same problems or is it just model 10 series .

A thread on another forum suggest modifying the ejector to be slightly shorter. Seems like several gentlemen have had success.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.