Thread: 64F Jamming

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

RE : Removing 'Carbon Ring'

Just another note to all interested - I had mentioned that I was getting some C-4 cleaner. Well, I had ordered a Teslong borescope on that same amazon.ca order on Feb-16, and due to the c-19 developing in China, my order was not filled. I finally got the C-4 but not the borescope, so I can't give a definitive judgement of the 'before' condition of the chamber. However, I ran several patches thru with the C-4 and they continued to come out with lots of black out of a barrel that I had cleaned 'thoroughly' with H-#9 ! It took about 6-8 patches to come out clean to my satisfaction, So I believe the C-4 is a 'Good thing' Hoping that the borescopes become available sometime soon so I can give a better decision.

I got the new magazine and it does the same as the old one. So now I can take one of them and work on it until get it to work. I think using some JB weld on it sounds like a good idea.

I was having the same problem. Bought two new magazines and nothing changed. Out of curiosity, I tore a tab off a box of ammo and slipped it in the back side of the mag housing - forcing the bottom of the magazine to its most forward position. Ran 50 rounds of cheap Winchester hollow-points flawlessly.

I removed the magazine housing and roughed up the bottom/back edge with a file. Applied a very thin dab of JBWeld, only about 1/4" up from the bottom. Let it cure completely then filed a little at a time until I had a nice snug magazine fit. Now all three of my magazines run hollow points with no feed issues.

Kind of hard to see. Probably only as thick as a layer or two of masking tape.

If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is!