Thread: 64F Jamming

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well, you are right. The 10/22 is not $95 like the savage fv sr was at Sportsman's Spring Shooting Sale, but not too bad but this is a short run of them that Ruger says won't last long. Getting a barrel like the fv sr has will bump it up 200 or so if I decide to do that to get quiet.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gear-gun-supplies/rifles/ruger-1022-carbine-blackgray-semi-automatic-rifle-22-long-rifle/p/1538005">https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...-22-long-rifle

I read alot about feed problems with the Savage but never got to the point it seemed like there were solutions but if you found some, good deal. I would just rather not have to deal with it, I have little enough time.

Thanks.

Basic Member
    HI bolt - Yes, moving the bottom of the magazine can help feeding also. I experimented with that too. The best was adding some JB weld (pic in previous post) to the mag to hold it in place, just lightly file to fit until it works On another I filled in with a 2-part epoxy, then filed. Another I just filed the metal, that didn't seem to help or hurt ;-(
    I measured some 'new' mags to see how the old and new compared, then was able to adjust the old ones to match. The article I posted is here : https://www.savageshooters.com/showt...t-and-accuracy

Some of my attempts:

[IMG][/IMG]

Basic Member

RE : Removing 'Carbon Ring'

Just another note to all interested - I had mentioned that I was getting some C-4 cleaner. Well, I had ordered a Teslong borescope on that same amazon.ca order on Feb-16, and due to the c-19 developing in China, my order was not filled. I finally got the C-4 but not the borescope, so I can't give a definitive judgement of the 'before' condition of the chamber. However, I ran several patches thru with the C-4 and they continued to come out with lots of black out of a barrel that I had cleaned 'thoroughly' with H-#9 ! It took about 6-8 patches to come out clean to my satisfaction, So I believe the C-4 is a 'Good thing' Hoping that the borescopes become available sometime soon so I can give a better decision.

I got the new magazine and it does the same as the old one. So now I can take one of them and work on it until get it to work. I think using some JB weld on it sounds like a good idea.

I was having the same problem. Bought two new magazines and nothing changed. Out of curiosity, I tore a tab off a box of ammo and slipped it in the back side of the mag housing - forcing the bottom of the magazine to its most forward position. Ran 50 rounds of cheap Winchester hollow-points flawlessly.

I removed the magazine housing and roughed up the bottom/back edge with a file. Applied a very thin dab of JBWeld, only about 1/4" up from the bottom. Let it cure completely then filed a little at a time until I had a nice snug magazine fit. Now all three of my magazines run hollow points with no feed issues.

Kind of hard to see. Probably only as thick as a layer or two of masking tape.

If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is!