Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non AccuTrigger to AccuTrigger

Basic Member

Is this the screw you are referring to? If so then that's the screw I am referring to above. The problem seems to be there is up and down play in the safety bar. If I adjust the screw to just touch the safety bar the gun will still fire because the safety bar will move upward. If I adjust the screw to remove the play, while on safe, the safety bar drops off of the screw when the safety is off and then it won't return to safe because the screw is in the way. I've adjusted this on the non-Accutrigger and realize you don't have to turn the screw much but I'm talking a minuscule amount here. The picture shown is not my trigger. The one shown is a stock Accutrigger. I'm not able to us the little spring that runs through the trigger housing as that hole is halfway blocked by the non-Accutrigger safety bar. If I was able to get that little spring in then it may hold the safety bar upward slightly and remove the play I'm talking about?

Basic Member
    The up and down movement you are talking about leads me to think I am right about this... it pretty much confirms what I was thinking... so hang in there and I think we can solve this...

The pic above is not what I am talking about. The safety bar has a set screw that runs thru it and acts as an adjustment for that up and down play. Almost like the fulcrum of a teeter-totter. Only older models had it, not the new designs that use that spring that you are pointing to.

I can't figure out how to post pics... Send me a PM with your cell or e-mail and I will get you a pic of what I am talking about.

Basic Member
    I just stripped mine down and I see what you mean. The screw wasn't visible. It's stuck pretty good with red Loctite but I'll get it free and that should solve the problem. I'll post back and let you know.

Basic Member
    I have a meeting and will be gone the rest of the morning.

Remove the trigger assembly and then remove the safety bar (it's the last piece, you can only get to it once everything is removed from the action). Hold that safety bar in your hand and inspect it carefully. There should be a tiny "tit" on the top side of the bar, somewhere close to the middle. that's the set screw I am talking about. If you look real close you can see that it can be turned so as to adjust how high or low it protrudes thru the bar. It takes a real small allen wrench and is likely very stiff. Once that is turned out a little bit it should stop the up and down play you are talking about.

Basic Member
    "Ah hah!" said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw. :)

Just gotta play with that a bit and it should work.

Basic Member
    Okay, we're almost there. I've got everything working as it should, however my pull weight is about 3.75 lbs. The trigger I ordered is:
    ACCU-TRIG ASSY, 2.5 LB MIN, SILVER P/N: 105531.
    My question now is: how do I get the pull weight down to just under 3lbs? The pull weight spring looks like it's already screwed in as far as it will go!

Team Savage
    You now need the brown varmint spring from gun shack. You could try cutting a coil or so off the silver one though and reshape it so the little tit will align it back in the action.

Basic Member
    I checked but didn't see them on their website. Apparently NSS and SSS sell them also but I'm not sure any of them will ship to Canada. I don't think there would be any problem shipping a spring but then again what do I know.

If you're in Ontario, try Gretch outdoors, in Mount Forest, they're a factory authorized service center.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Basic Member
    Heard back from Gretch outdoors. No springs!
    Last edited by deertroy1; 05-25-2015 at 09:14 PM.

Basic Member
    Sharp Shooter Supply = No

Basic Member
    Got one coming from Savage. $2 but $25 shipping. The cost of living north of the border!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12